Posted By Claire on February 11, 2014
This 28 page book is the perfect reference book for every bookcase. It’s a wonderful resource for schoolchildren, students, researchers, historical novelists and historians, and will settle arguments over dates and who ruled when.
It contains the following family trees:
- The Normans
- The Plantagenets
- The Houses of Lancaster and York
- The Woodvilles
- The Tudors
- Henry VIII and His Wives
- The Stuarts
- The Stuart Ancestors of Mary, Queen of Scots
- The Descent of Elizabeth II from William the Conqueror
- The Descent of the Late Diana, Princess of Wales from King Charles II
- The Descent of Prince Charles and Princess Diana from Bess of Hardwick
- The House of Hanover
- The House of Windsor (formerly Saxe-Coburg Gotha)
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
And each royal family tree has an introductory page giving short bios of the monarchs involved.
British Royal Family Trees also has a page entitled “Who Else Was Around”, listing famous artists, statesmen, inventors, composers, explorers, authors etc. and the dates when they lived. “Monarchs Since 1066” is a useful list of all English monarchs with the dates they reigned, the cause of their deaths, age at death, how many children they had with their spouse and how many illegitimate children they had. Finally, the book has a page of interesting quotations from some of those mentioned in the family trees.
It’s small, but it’s a treasure trove of information and well worth adding to your history book collection. It costs £4.50, plus postage, direct from the publisher, Queens-Haven Publications – see www.queens-haven.co.uk/queens-haven-orders.htm
Paperback: 28 pages
Publisher: Queens-Haven Publications (1 Jan 2014)
Order at www.queens-haven.co.uk/queens-haven-orders.htm